TERMS & CONDITIONS OF THIS OFFER
- Pay anywhere anytime free of cost
- No more standing in the queues
- Saving of precious time
- No limit on registration
a) The customer should have Bank’s Internet Banking facility with transaction rights.
b) This Online Payment of CEB Bill facility is extended only to those customers who are registered for this facility and approved by CEB.
c) A customer can register for more than one bill. The bill need not be in the name of the customer.
d) The subscribers to this facility will be making the payment based on the hard copy of the Bill received from CEB.
e) Payment is accepted in MUR currency only from customer’s account linked to the Internet Banking facility.
f) Bank will accept any amount input by the subscriber to the CEB A/c without reference to the bill raised by CEB on the respective customer. Any payment will clear the oldest debt in the electricity account of the subscriber.
g) The payments received up to 9 pm (Mauritian Time) will be accounted for the same day. Subsequent transactions will be accounted for the next day.
h) Proceeds of online transactions made by the customers on holidays including public holidays, weekly holidays will be credited to the CEB Account on the next working day with value date.
i) Electricity supply is liable for disconnection in case of arrears (overdue debts) on your CEB A/C. In that case please contact, the nearest CEB customer service centre to confirm the application of any additional charges prior to reconnection of supply.
HOW TO REGISTER FOR CEB BILL PAYMENT?
1. Log in to Internet Banking through our website www.sbimauritius.com by clicking ‘Internet Banking – Login’
2. Select ‘Bill Payments’
3. Click on ’Register Bill Payment’ on the left hand side menu.
4. Select CENTRAL ELECTRICITY BOARD as Bill Payee and click on Register.
5. Users will be navigated to the Register Payee Screen.
6. Payee & Customer details to be entered during registration are:
v Payee Nickname – optional.
v Customer Name (Name as appearing in CEB Bill).
v CEB Contract Account Number.
v Customer Mobile Phone Number.
7. Read and Accept the Terms & Conditions.
8. Enter your INB Transaction Password and click on ‘Submit ‘to validate.
The above details (Customer Name, & CEB Contract Acct. Number) will be sent to CEB for validation.
HOW TO KNOW WHETHER YOUR REGISTRATION IS ACCEPTED?
1. Click on ‘View Bill Payees’ on the left hand side menu to see if CEB details registered have been approved.
2. In case the user wants to cancel the registration of his CEB Account on Internet Banking, he has the option to do so by clicking on ‘UnRegister’ button.
HOW TO VIEW THE STATUS OF YOUR REGISTRATION?
1. Users can also check the status of their Registration by clicking on ‘View Bill Payee status’ on the left hand side menu.
2. Select any of the 3 options (Under Process, Accepted and Rejected) in the status drop down box and click on ‘Search’.
HOW TO MAKE CEB BILL PAYMENTS? ENSURE THAT YOUR REGISTRATION IS APPROVED
1. To make payment to CEB, Click on ‘Bill Payments’ on the left hand side menu.
2. Select the Debit Account out of the accounts displayed in the drop down menu – It will have accounts of MUR currency only.
3. Pay Date - By default current date will be populated (for paying now). In case user wants to schedule the payment for a future date, he has to change the pay date accordingly.
4. Transaction Remarks - It is optional, for example you may enter the month of the Bill.
5. Beneficiary – Nick name of the payee given if any during registration will be listed in the drop down menu.
6. Amount – Bill amount to be entered by the User. Part payment is also allowed. Amount has to be entered in Round Number. Amount in decimals is not accepted.
7. Click on ‘Submit’ button. You will be prompted to enter your transaction password.
8. Click on ‘Confirm’ button to validate the transaction.
9. Users will receive a confirmation message that their payment transactions have been successfully completed along with a Request ID Number.
10. Please record the Request Number for future reference. Print Option is available.